viernes, 19 de diciembre de 2008

Girls write great poetry

The Three Oddest Words

Wisława Szymborska 

Kiedy wymawiam słowo Przyszłość,
pierwsza sylaba odchodzi już do przeszłości.

Kiedy wymawiam słowo Cisza,

niszczę ją.

Kiedy wymawiam słowo Nic,
stwarzam coś, co nie mieści się w żadnym niebycie.

When I pronounce the word Future, 
the first syllable already belongs to the past.

When I pronounce the word Silence, 
I destroy it.

When I pronounce the word Nothing, 
I make something no non-being can hold.

(Transl. by S. Baranczak & C. Cavanagh)     

3 comentarios:

Cronos dijo...

excelente...

Gedanke dijo...

Mira, aquí hay muchos poemas más de Wislawa:

http://www.arlindo-correia.com/100901.html

(ignora los links, hay un mejor índice después de la biografía)

Enjoy!

Andie dijo...

Too lil' words for too much to express...